July 11, 2014

Don't Forget About: Your Sparkly Whites


Going cruelty-free is a powerful statement against the shopping norms. However, there somethings people forget to mention to you when you do. No longer can you quickly stop by your drugstore and pick up a new toothbrush or even a box of tampons-some categories get a bit difficult to switch out. I found this to be true for deodorants, any oral care products, tampons & pads, and my need for cheap makeup thrills. Whole Foods Body has quickly become my safe haven but it's not as available across the country. Thankfully (and unfortunately for my bank account) we have online shopping but even then, if you don't know what you're looking for it gets difficult. So hopefully these types of posts can make it easier to guide your transition and also showcase different brands you might not have heard of before.

Preserve Toothbrush in Travel Case in Pink $3.30- I've been using this brand of toothbrush for the last year. Each handle is made with 100% recycled #5 plastic and new nylon bristles and the handle is curved making it easy to hold and it reaches every tooth.  The bristle type ranges from ultra soft, soft, and medium, I choice the soft bristle because my teeth are bit sensitive. You also have the choice between five different handle colors (pink, white, light blue, navy blue, green.) Plus the travel case is really convent not only for travel but if you live with a ton of people. It protects your toothbrush if it falls and is a great way to set you toothbrush apart from the rest, so no one can accidentally mistaken it as their own. One of the best things about this product is that the company offers a great recycling program to "close the loop" and you can gets earn rewards for the site.

Earthpaste Lemon Twist $7.99- I mentioned this toothpaste not too long ago in my June Favorites. I honestly picked this up on a whim at Whole Foods. I just finished work and was in a rush, super tired and it was on sale. I never heard of the brand before but I remembered Shailene Woodley mention how she uses her own recipe of toothpaste that contained a detoxifying clay. I was really intrigued by the clay concept and how minimal the ingredients were, and to add to my curiosity they even carried a lemon flavor toothpaste in addition to the tradition toothpaste flavors. At first, the texture is a bit weird considering it doesn't foam and doesn't have that gel like formula most toothpaste have. You can also choose to swallow or rinse out the toothpaste which is a weird concept to get used to at first. The flavor is also really clean and fresh without being overwhelming. This stuff comes in a range of flavors (peppermint, cinnamon, spearmint, wintergreen, lemon) and is great for sensitive teeth and kids! Overall, I'm really impressed and can't wait to get my hands on the other flavors!

Radius Natural Floss in Xylitol Mint Floss $2.99- Let me be honest with you, I'm not a big flosser. I actually had braces for a while when I was younger, hence why I have sensitive teeth now. Flossing was literally the worst with braces, so I decided to spend that 2 minutes of my life doing other productive things - like sleep. My mother on the other hand is an avid flosser to the point where you'll find a handful amount of them scattered throughout the house. Flash forward a few years when I realize I'm actually an adult who has quite some problems with their teeth, thats when I decided to get floss. My biggest worry was having floss that was too sharp and almost plastic like, which is what I saw in most flosses. They ended up getting really high into my gums leaving me with a mess. However, once again due to a great sale at Whole Foods, I picked these up not knowing much about them and like the Earthpaste was left very delighted. They carry cranberry, mint, or silk floss flavors, I went for the traditional mint flavor. What I like most about these is that they're a soft woven nylon floss, meaning they're really gentle and soft. They're coated in cantelilla wax and is flavored by mint tea tree and natural Xylitol. I'm still not the greatest at incorporating floss into my everyday oral care routine but I am a fan of this floss and it makes it a lot easier for me to feel good about what I'm using.

*Disclaimer- All products have been purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment