July 3, 2014

Summer Trends: Bronze & Glow


This is not a new trend for summer per se. I thought I would add it onto my list of summer trends as a friendly reminder. Summer is about the sun-kissed bronzy skin. But assuming everyone is wearing a good amount of SPF, it's harder to achieve that tan. Thankfully we have bronzers and they'll give you that natural tan look. In addition to the bronze, there is the glow. Highlighters waken up the face and give you just enough dewy, with just enough radiance


Budget Buy: Wet n' Wild Color Icon Bronzer SPF 15 $4.00- Wet n' Wild is a great budget-friendly, drugstore brand. When transitioning to cruelty-free your options become less and less at the local drugstore. However, if you're ever in a pinch Wet n' Wild is a go to brand. This particular product has given them a lot of attention. It's an affordable, quality product. What else is there to want? 

Higher-End: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer $30.00- Similarly to Wet n' Wild, this bronzer really put Too Faced on the radar. This is my personal favorite bronzer, I use it all year long! It is a rich chocolate brown that flatters all skin tones, never a hint of orange or muddy look from it. But most importantly it smells like chocolate-the real deal. I definitely feel like this is worth the investment. Even though I use it everyday I've hardly made a dent in my sample size. 

Budget Buy: Physicians Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls in Translucent Pearl $13.95- Like Wet n' Wild, this is an accessible brand you can find in most local drugstores. A bit pricer then most drugstore brands, Physicians Formula goes the extra mile to create products for those with even the more sensitive skin. This powder it's chalky and creates a nice glow-there are even more shades for darker skin tones. 

Higher-End: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder $45.00- How can I begin to explain the beauty of the Ambient Lighting powders? Anyone can find their perfect powder with the range of colors available. I personally use the Luminous Light, a champagne shade that creates a bronze glow. I apply the powder with a fan brush and it add a nice subtle glow to the skin. I highly recommend you buy it or at least try it out at your local Sephora. Trust me, there's a reason why people have been going crazy over it.

Budget Buy: The Body Shop Radiant Highlighter $14.00- I got this highlighter when my local Body Shop was having a 3 for 3 promo. I was in the need for a cream highlighter and I was completely caught off guard when I tried this on. I wasn't expecting anything great, I thought it would be chucky glitter overload. Instead I got a creamy radiant glow. The Body Shop has tons of promos through out the year so when your locals shop has one, grab this quick! 

Higher-End: Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer $28.00- If you didn't pick up on the name this illuminizer has argan oil in the formula, classic Josie. This sheer champagne highlighter can be used on top of makeup or mixed in with your foundation for an extra glow. It gives you a subtle radiance without overwhelming your face with glitter.


*Trends are a great way to experiment and get out of your comfort zone. Ultimately, trends should be taken with a grain of salt and are great to keep in mind if you ever get bored. But if you're confident with your style, you do you boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment