July 7, 2014

June Favorites


It's been really great getting back to blogging and I hope you guys have been enjoying my posts. If you ever have any questions, comments or suggestions please let me know!

With that aside, I'm excited to show you guys my favorite products for June.


LUSH Angels On Bare Skin $13.95- I have oily-combition skin and I've been battling acne for a few years now (I wrote a separate post on that you can read here.) At night I tend to focus my skincare routine to deal with the breakouts. But in the morning I prefer to keep everything simple and friendly for sensitive skin. Angels on Bare Skin is a clay cleanser made with kaolin, lavender and rose oil, and ground almond meat. So its hydrating, soothing, calming and gently exfoliate. You can pick up a sample of this cleanser at any local LUSH before you commit to it.

S.W. Basics of Brooklyn Organic Lip Balm $4.00- I mentioned this in my last favorites post (in August...oops.) Since then, I've used a ton of other balms but I recently bought a whole bunch of these S.W. Basics ones and can't believe I ever used anything else. The balm is made out of organic fair trade cocoa butter, organic beeswax, and essential oils (they also have a vegan version.) It has a light but hydrating texture. Now through all of July you get a free gift with your order too!

Earthpaste Lemon Twist $7.99- This is the best thing that has happened to my life, I kid you not. Everyone laughed at Shailene Woodley when she reveled that she uses clay as toothpaste and ingests it to detox her body. Let me tell you, girlfriend was on to something. This stuff comes in a range of flavors and is great for sensitive teeth too!

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation $38.00- I was on the market for a new foundation and have had a few friends that raved about this foundation. I was already using Tarte's liquid concealer and thought I'd give it ago. The texture is similar to a mousse, very light weight and great medium coverage. I'm going to an outdoor wedding in three week so that will be the ultimate test of its long-wear claim.

Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade $18.00- My happiness depends on the strength of my eyebrow game. I have been a longtime fan of Anastasia's eyebrow pencil but I wanted something a bit more defining. I was a bit unsure when I first tried this on at my local Sephora but a good friend of mine convinced me otherwise. This is the real deal. A little goes a long way and you should take a few minutes to apply it slowly and make sure you do so very light-handed. If you're in a rush, you'll find a pencil more suited for your time crunch. Once you apply the pomade you can bet it'll last all day, no fading and great for oily skin and humid days. 

Non-beauty favorite for June: 

Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sanderg $14.07- I finally finished Lean In, after having it for almost 10 months. Nothing against the book but I just got so busy with school readings, I had to put everything on hold. I think this is a book everyone should read, regardless of their gender. I do have some problems with the book but overall this is a conversation starter about an issue that has been held under wraps for too long. I found myself identifying with a lot of the issues and general personality trends of women in the work place. It was very eye opening for me and think it's a book great for educating women on why they do certain things and what they can do to "lean in" for themselves and others. 

Here's to a great and happy July for all of you!

*Disclaimer- All products have been purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment