August 4, 2014

July Petit Vour Beauty Box



I've been looking forward to receiving my subscription boxes this month because both (Petit Vour and Beauty Box) were co-currated by vegan bloggers I follow. This month's Petit Vour was co-currated by Tashina of Logical Harmony, and being as popular and well experienced as she is, I was excited to see what products she would pick. If you haven't heard of Petit Vour before, its a vegan beauty box subscription that runs at $15.00 a month. In each box you'll receive a range of products in a range of sizes but Petit Vour promises that the sizes are generous enough for you get an idea of rather you like the products or not. 

Lets take a look at my July box!

The theme for this months box was "Set Sail." All the contents are must-haves for the ultimate summer beauty collection, for a newbie or a veteran beauty junkie. 

LVX 5 Free Nail Lacquer in Lolli $16.00- No ones collection is complete without the prefect pretty pastel pink polish (a bit of a tongue twister, no?) This 5 free, chip-resistant, toxin-free line doesn't disappoint. This creamy light pink color is opaque with 2 coats and is a great color for all seasons.


Modern Minerals Mineral Eye Shadow in Lola $12.50- Modern Minerals offers mineral makeup without any synthetic parabens, phthalates, or carmine. Which makes their eye shadow great for sensitive eyes (perhaps sans the shimmer.) Lola is a shimmery copper color that would enhance anyone's summer tan. However, it isn't a shade I would or could wear so I'll definitely pass it along to a friend who could give it justice. 

Pelle Beauty Face Oil in Balance Under $4.00 value/Full-size $29.00- This Pelle Beauty oil is highly-concentrated, free of water, preservatives and synthetics. I received the "Balance" face oil which has kukui, babassu and hazelnut oils penetrate quickly, delivering vital nutrients and antioxidants that help balance skin. The oil also has lavender, sandalwood and Bulgarian rose which gives a beautiful scent. I really enjoy using this oil, its lightweight and fast-absorbing while being very moisturizing. I do wish the sample was larger (the sample is 0.125 oz.) 



Schmidt's Natural Deodorant in Ylang-Ylang + Calendula $2.25 value/Full-size $9.00- Everyone has had hesitations and bad experiences with natural deodorants. I've tried countless and just end up making my own (more on that in a different post.) Schmidt's is definitely a step up from the tradition natural deodorant with a range of interesting scents. This gets the job done but I probably would hold off using it until the fall and winter. The search continues. 



If you’re interested, you can order your box from: petitvour.com




*Disclaimer- All products have been purchased by me.


No comments:

Post a Comment