August 5, 2014

July Vegan Cuts Beauty Box


I mentioned in my July Petit Vour post that both of Petit Vour's and Beauty Box's July boxes were co-currated by vegan bloggers. For this months Beauty Box, Sunny of Vegan Beauty Review hand-picked all the products. If you aren’t familiar with Vegan Cuts they offer both snack and beauty boxes. For $19.99 a month, a beauty box contains 4-7 vegan, palm-oil free and cruelty-free products ranging from sample to full sized items. 

Lets take a look at my July box!


Nouveau/Organica Organic Cream Colour in Compassion- Organic cream eye, cheek and lip color. Compassion is a true mauve color great for the cheeks and lips, and perhaps the eyes for someone more daring. The cream is very smooth and pigmented, making it easy to work with. However, it feels a bit oily so I would stick to using this on my cheek for a dewy natural blush color. 

Emani Vegan Cosmetics Lipstick in Temptress- Hydrating and long-lasting, this lipstick is a unique purple that can be universally flattering to a fearless soul. I have a deep love for purple lipsticks of all shades and this was no exception. It's full coverage, smooth, and wears off into a nice magenta shade. It is easily my favorite product from this month's box.

Ellovi Body Butter- Ellovi better known for their lip butters has introduced a body butter to their line. Made with macadamia nut oil, coconut oil, hemp oil, shea butter, marula oil and non-gmo corn starch, this butter had a whipped texture that melts into a oil onto the skin. This reminded me so much of my S.W. Basics of Brooklyn Cream but I do prefer that cream to this Ellovi butter. It sits on top of the skin and feels like a weird coating.

Just The Goods Vegan Hand & Body Lotion in Peppermint and Lavender- This grapeseed oil-infused hand and body lotion that is moisturizing enough for dry skin but light enough so that it doesn't feel like a thick film in the summer. I love the lavender scent just before bed.

Original Spout Hair & Body Babywash- This moisturizing cleanser is free of parabens, nanoparticles, lavender, tea tree, petroleum oils, musk, propylene glycol, sulfates, gluten, soy or dairy. I haven't gotten around to trying this but it has a pleasant light scent and is a fluid ounce, making it great for traveling.

Savvy Boheme Bath and Body Oil in Tall Americano- This is a moisturizing bath and body oil that has the scent of coffee. The sweet orange and vanilla provide a nice feminine balance with the strong overpowering note of coffee.

I don't have the exact value of everything in this months box but only one item was full sized will the rest were sample sizes. For $20.00 a month, I'm really starting to reconsider if I should continue with this service. If you can think of any other cruelty-free subscription boxes, please let me know!


If you’re interested, you can order your box from: vegancuts.com/beautybox

*Disclaimer- All products have been purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment