August 8, 2014

July Favorites


It's that time again...monthly favs! I am in shock when I think of July being over all ready, mostly because the start of my semester is creeping up. Which then means that my vacation days are coming to an end. I've found some great staple items and I'm super excited to show you my favorite products for July.


S.W. Basics of Brooklyn Body Scrub $22.00I featured S.W Basics' lip balm in my two previous monthly favorites and the brand has quickly become a staple in my book. This month I was in love with their Body Scrub made from organic Demerara sugar, organic extra virgin coconut oil and organic shredded coconut, which means its literally good enough to eat. It offers a fine scrub, just enough to get dead skin cells off but not a whole layer of skin, and the coconut oil moisturizes your skin so you don't need have to. A perfect summer staple. 

RMS "Un" Cover-Up in 11 $36.00RMS has been a brand I've always been really interested in trying but never wanted to buy online (does that make sense?) So when I saw this at a cosmetics store, I didn't need to think twice. I use this mostly for under my eyes. It creates a great brightening effect, making you look awake and refreshed even if you've had 4 hours of sleep. It's also hydrating and doesn't cake. I swoon. 

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer $30.00Ah, summer time. Filled with fun, sunshine, weekend trips to the beach, or just staying at home because you're socially and physically exhausted after work. If you're anything like me, the last one speaks to you on a spiritual level. Which is exactly why I love bronzer so much and this one especially. Too Faced is famous for their chocolate bronzer and for good reason. It's a rich brown, without a hint of orange, making it flattering for all skin tones. It smells like chocolate and a little goes a long way.

The Balm Schwing $17.00I've been on the look at for a great liner since Stila stopped being cruelty-free. I found that gels were too hard to use, pens dried out so quickly (anyone else felt this way?), and a lot of liquids were clumpy and weren't opaque enough. I've always like The Balm but it's really hard to come across in the city. So when I did, I was really excited and swatching everything I possible could. The liner won me over quickly with it's felt-tip applicator and inky black color. It's easy to use, dries quickly and stays on all day. It has yet to fail me, even on hot summer days.

Non-beauty favorite for July: 

BKR 500 ml Bottle $30.00
I've been eyeing these colorful glass bottles for way too long. I finally decided to give in but the endless choices of colors made it so difficult. I settled on a bright coral color, which I don't remember the name of, and love it to pieces. What I found was a problem with my Klean Kanteen was the mouth piece was large and would spill water on me. However, BKR is smaller and I haven't had an issue. The glass also doesn't leave a weird taste or odor as you might find with metal ones. Can't lie, I will definitely be buying more colors of these.

Thanks for reading this post and I'm wishing you all an amazing August!

*Disclaimer- All products have been purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment